    1 design
    1 elective

    Or am I duplicating something?

    Kevin Porter, Apr 28, 2006

  2. Kevin Porter

    kpg Guest

    As Kevin Porter once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    No one knows the answer to this. It is beyond human comprehension
    to even attempt an answer. Many will try but it is pure folly.
    Some things are just unknowable. Sorry.

    kpg, Apr 28, 2006

  3. Kevin Porter

    Kline Sphere Guest

    In order to be an official MCSE, are there seven exams I have to take
    Rubbish, of cause it's knowable, why do you think computers were
    invented? Yes, that's right, to solve such complex problems such as
    those presented by the OP.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Apr 28, 2006
  4. Kevin Porter

    kpg Guest

    As Kline Sphere once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    I beg to differ. Computation theory tells us that there are only
    a countably infinite number of functions that are solvable by
    algorithmic methods. That leaves a much larger number, uncountably
    infinite, that cannot be solved by any computer. Case in point,
    the famous "Halting Problem" and the equally famous "How Many Exams
    To Get An MCSE Problem."

    kpg, Apr 28, 2006
  5. Kevin Porter

    JaR Guest

    I just want to know one thing.

    WHO LET THE DAWGS OUT!!!

    HUUH! HUHUUH! HUUH!

    WHO LET THE DAWGS OUT!!!

    HUUH! HUHUUH! HUUH!

    JaR, Apr 28, 2006
  6. -- Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourselves
    against fresh fruit.
    I hate you!

    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 28, 2006
  7. Kevin Porter

    Wayne Guest

    Nope, not duplicating anything, you're correct. Go to
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/

    "Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) candidates on the Microsoft
    Windows Server 2003 track are required to satisfy the following
    requirements:
    Core exams (six exams required)
    Four networking system exams
    One client operating system exam
    One design exam
    Elective exams (one exam required)
    Together with the core exams, the elective exams provide a valid and
    reliable measure of technical proficiency and expertise in solution design
    and implementation."

    Good luck!

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz
    MCNGP Silver

    Wayne, Apr 29, 2006
  8. Kevin Porter

    christoballer

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Answer

    :evil: When I took them, this was the smartest route:

    This gets you your 2000 and 2003.
    (three tests are interchangeable.)

    Now, there are some Vista/Longhorn tests out, which can earn you triple worth...

    ------------------------------------

    MCSE 2000 requires 7 exams. 5 core and 2 elective.

    CORE: (Five Exams Required)

    (Networking System - three exams required)
    70-215 - Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
    70-216 - Implementing and Administering a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure
    70-217 - Implementing and Administering a Microsoft Windows 2000 Directory Services Infrastructure

    (Client Operating System - one exam required)
    70-270 - Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional

    (Design - one exam required)
    70-297 - Designing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure

    ELECTIVE: (Two Exams Required)

    (Elective Exams - two exams required)
    70-285 - Designing a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Organization
    70-972 - Designing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active

    MCSE 2003 requires 7 exams. 6 core and 1 elective.

    CORE: (Six Exams Required)

    (Networking System - three exams required)
    70-290 - Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment
    70-291 - Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
    70-293 - Planning and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
    70-294 - Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure

    (Client Operating System - one exam required)
    70-270 - Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional

    (Design - one exam required)
    70-297 - Designing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure

    ELECTIVE: (One Exam Required)

    (Elective Exams - one exam required)
    70-285 - Designing a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Organization

    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

    -666

    christoballer, Oct 20, 2007