    Unfortunately, we are now gripped by a harsh cold and windy winter
    with temperature around -40F (or -40C). Perhaps this event will show
    what camera reigns supreme and can stand the cold, outdoor weather.

    aniramca, Feb 12, 2008

  2. aniramca

    JoeBob Guest

    I expect to. I picked up a Pentax K110 a few weeks ago and plan to use
    it for some
    astrophotography. A lunar eclipse is a good start.

    JoeBob, Feb 12, 2008

  3. aniramca

    Craig Guest

    I plan on shooting it as well. Using my Caon 20d. Only thing is I don't
    know if I'll be shooting through a telephoto lens or a telescope.

    Craig, Feb 12, 2008
  4. aniramca

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    It'll be hard to beat the old, mechanical film cameras...

    Not too many digitals seem to like the cold.

    Take Care,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, Feb 12, 2008
  5. aniramca

    Walter R. Guest

    Walter R., Feb 14, 2008
  6. aniramca

    Craig Guest

    Craig, Feb 14, 2008
  7. aniramca

    aniramca Guest

    Walter :
    Thanks for your info and link to NASA site
    Craig:
    The two photos of the total eclipse are awesome!. Did you take it with
    the Canon 20D? They were indicated as HDR photos, so you must have
    taken multiple exposure shots?
    I particularly like the colour one, i.e. the one with the slightly
    reddish colour.
    Thanks for sharing!

    aniramca, Feb 16, 2008