  1. Java Jive

    Graeme Wall Guest

    How do you know?

    Graeme Wall, Oct 12, 2015

  2. Java Jive

    Graeme Wall Guest

    So just waffle and supposition, and this is what the opposition to the
    bill is based on.
    The worst data breaches appear to be criminals hacking into major
    commercial organisations like Sony and Ashley Madison. It's a good jon
    companies like BT, BG and banks don't publish the number of data
    breaches, lost laptops and USB drives that they "mislay" every year.

    Graeme Wall, Oct 12, 2015

  3. Java Jive

    tim..... Guest

    because I'm a terrorist and I have created my own set of euphemisms which I
    use with my friends, which we haven't "published"

    tim

    BTW - I'm not really

    tim....., Oct 12, 2015
  4. Java Jive

    Roland Perry Guest

    I'm losing track of whether you are for or against it.

    Roland Perry, Oct 12, 2015
  5. Java Jive

    Graeme Wall Guest

    Which is the problem, you are not one and have no understanding of what
    they are like.

    If you look at the reports of the recent case of the planned attack in
    Australia you'll see that the published messages are remarkably candid
    and free of euphemisms.

    Graeme Wall, Oct 12, 2015
  6. Java Jive

    Graeme Wall Guest

    I haven't stated a position either way. I'm merely challenging the
    prejudices of those in opposition to (or in in favour of) the bill who
    are ill-informed and are relying on supposition, paranoia and fantasy.

    If anyone fancies being even more paranoid try looking up "IBM and the
    Holocaust", the first known example of quasi-modern computer databases
    being used for government repression of its own peoples. Now that is a
    cause for concern.

    Graeme Wall, Oct 12, 2015
  7. Java Jive

    Rod Speed Guest

    There can't be one.

    Rod Speed, Oct 12, 2015
  8. Java Jive

    Roland Perry Guest

    I'd have to agree with that (on account of being well informed and
    working in this exact field for more than 15yrs now).

    Roland Perry, Oct 12, 2015
  9. Java Jive

    Rod Speed Guest

    There have been plenty that were nothing like that.

    Rod Speed, Oct 12, 2015
  10. Java Jive

    Graeme Wall Guest

    And plenty that were like that, your point is?

    Graeme Wall, Oct 12, 2015
  11. Java Jive

    Rod Speed Guest

    Nope, **** all were like that.
    That you never had one.

    Rod Speed, Oct 12, 2015
  12. Java Jive

    John Rumm Guest

    You appear to be another Rod Speed sock puppet, please confirm so I can
    add you to the moron pile.

    --
    Cheers,

    John.

    John Rumm, Oct 12, 2015
  13. Java Jive

    John Rumm Guest

    Indeed... add to that all the other ways supposedly secure systems are
    accessed without permission (people bribing employees, the cleaner using
    the computer left logged in etc)

    --
    Cheers,

    John.

    John Rumm, Oct 12, 2015
  14. Java Jive

    Graeme Wall Guest

    Abuse and swearing are such persuasive arguments, aren't they.

    Graeme Wall, Oct 12, 2015
  15. That is because the messages were encrypted and the originator and
    recipient didn't expect to have then intercepted and decoded.

    The trick with euphemisms is to send them in clear, with innocuous
    phrases agreed beforehand.
    "Can you feed my cat at 3pm on 28th? He should be in the garage." for
    instance.

    Jim

    Indy Jess John, Oct 12, 2015
  16. Java Jive

    Graeme Wall Guest

    Somebody's been reading too much Dick Barton.

    Graeme Wall, Oct 12, 2015
  17. Java Jive

    Rod Speed Guest

    There is no abuse.