    The device ID strings from Windows XP include E5D7 and 0156-0002

    This card is too old to support WPA. I wonder if there is a firmware
    update available? Couldn't find any information from Toshiba.

    SchoolTech, Mar 23, 2006

  2. SchoolTech

    Steve Guest

    I've got a Satellite and the wireless is a minipci board. If this is the
    case, then you can probably get a replacement for about $80 off trademe.

    Steve

    Steve, Mar 23, 2006

  3. SchoolTech

    SteveM Guest

    I have a number of Intel 2200 B/G miniPCI cards available if required.

    s d m c c at i h u g co nz

    SteveM, Mar 23, 2006
  4. SchoolTech

    SchoolTech Guest

    Hardly worth replacing the card since under warranty so it would have
    to be fitted by a service agent with charge. The laptop is leased
    anyway so we'll just use it wired until the lease runs out in a year
    or so.

    SchoolTech, Mar 23, 2006
  5. SchoolTech

    SteveM Guest

    Fair enough, but really, changing the wireless card takes 2 minutes and a
    small philips screwdriver. You warranty will not be affected. You can
    reinstall the old card before you return the laptop under the lease.

    SteveM

    SteveM, Mar 24, 2006