    No matter what I try, I can't get my wireless connection to work. I have followed instructions for setting up a b connection but the outcome is always the same. Could someone possibly assist me in getting this resolved?

    I have XP Professional

    Thank you.

    wahoo2, Jun 23, 2006

  2. wahoo2

    Oliverw

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    east midland
    I would start simple and then work up

    1)remove wireless acrd and re-install
    2)try different drivers
    3)can u see any wireless networks?
    4)try a static ip address
    5)plug laptop into routers ethernet to see if it connects like that
    6)try to get your hands on another pcmcia card to test

    Oliverw, Jun 30, 2006

  3. wahoo2

    kim2

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I don't know if this is the correct thread but I'll start here.

    I have a brand new Toshiba Sattelite and a Belkin router. I set up my network and it worked like a charm for about two weeks. A few days ago I started losing my connection. The timing is inconsistent - it worked fine all day yesterday until the evening, this morning it worked fine for three hours.

    When it starts I still appear to be connected to the network but I am unable to access any sites, then I lose my connection altogether. When I try to reconnect I'm detecting available networks but am unable to connect to them. It's not a matter of distance - I'm generally sitting about a foot away from the router.

    Because I am technically inept and have no idea how this all works (my guess is magic and fairy dust) I can't figure out if the problem. I've called tech support at Belkin a couple of times but they weren't, despite best efforts, very helpful.

    I've tried all the available channels and that has made no difference.

    Any ideas?

    kim2, Jul 2, 2006