    the router was the problem, I purchased a Belkin 54G Model F5D7230-4, Version
    3000 with exactly the same results so I believe this to be a setting issue
    with the configuration.) Any help would be most appreciated.

    Guest, May 11, 2005

  2. Don't know if this is applicable in your situation but I ran into a
    similar problem last night, trying to connect to our company's
    wireless network in Italy after arriving from Australia.

    Turns out the network was set up to require use of proxies, which
    wasn't necessary in Australia. Once I went to Internet
    Explorer/Tools/Internet Options/Connections/Lan Settings and ticked
    "Use A Proxy Server for your Lan" and put in the correct address
    (192.168.0.1 for me) and port number (3128 for me), I connected OK.
    Nobody knows why the network is set up to require the proxy.
    HTH

    Peter Wilkins, May 18, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    The wireless card was replaced and now seems to work better - still a problem
    with wireless connection drops however.

    Guest, May 18, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I am now able to be connected (although without any WEP) and now this laptop
    is taking up to 10 minutes to boot up. I am wondering if there is a deeper
    problem.

    Guest, May 23, 2005