    2004, $199.99) is Toshiba's first carousel model to offer both DVD-Audio and
    SACD playback, Dolby Digital Decoding, 5.1 channel output with bass management,
    an optical and coaxial digital output in a slim (69mm) chassis design.

    Galley, Apr 14, 2004

  2. Galley

    Eric R. Guest

    If they're as cheaply built as the last three Toshiba players I've
    bought, they can keep them. I remember when Toshiba was a great
    company and made incredibly reliable products (I'm still using my old
    2006 DVD player from 1997 and even a Toshiba CD player from 1988!).

    But, of the last three players I've bought from them, two have failed
    after less than a year and one was screwy right out of the box. They
    sell them cheaper, but they're building them a lot cheaper (and
    sloppier) too.

    Personally, I'd be willing to pay more if they would just build them
    the way they used to. The last decent model Toshiba that I bought was
    the 2109 in 1999 (and I would still be using it exclusively if it
    could play DVD-R's and read jpg's).

    -Eric

    Eric R., Apr 16, 2004