Toshiba 36SW9UA 86cm WideScreen TV Info needed.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Mr Sheridan, Jan 17, 2005.

  1. Mr Sheridan

    Mr Sheridan Guest

    Toshiba 36SW9UA 86cm WideScreen TV Info needed.

    http://www.castel.com.au/Toshiba/ProductDetail.asp?Brand=T&Category=CTV&ProductCode=36SW9UA

    Just want some info about this TV. Mainly if you have seen it or own
    it. Ive been looking for a

    Widscreen 86cm TV CRT for sometime BUT have not been able to find one
    that has all i want. This TV

    seems to have all i want and does not cost the Earth like the sony
    one, though why anyone would

    want to buy that Sony brick i don't know :p

    Just need some Feed back about this TV. I know Toshibia dont make the
    tubes or most of the TV, so

    some info about whats in it would be great and also how it looks. Does
    it have everything i would

    need, to hook up DVDS,setop boxes, ect.

    I would like to connect my PC up to it and use my PC as a media centre
    so i can played movies via

    my PC to the TV, this possible what connector would i need on the TV
    for that ?, DVI connector ?

    Thanks for any help, positive feedback means me buy this TV :), but if
    it sucks let me know

    anyway.

    Thanks.

    Toshiba 36SW9UA (HD)

    36SW9UA Digital Hyper - Toshiba's proprietary technology - has the
    ability to convert all input

    signals into high-resolution signals. Horizontal pixels can reach upto
    1931 lines while vertical

    scanning can achieve 1152 lines (based on 576i/576p input signal). To
    supplement the High

    Definition conversion, 36SW9UA also realizes 3 new technologies,
    namely the Digital Hyper Signal

    Processing System, Diagonal Line Improvement System, and New Fine
    Cinema Mode. The built-in card

    slot (for digital camera SD-Card and Smart Media Card) enables you to
    simply slot in the card and

    enjoy high quality images on a big screen instantly.

    To search for your nearest retailer enter your postcode on the Dealer
    section page.

    * Digital Hyper Signal Processing System
    * 16:9 Flat Widescreen
    * High Definition Compatible* (720p/1080i 50/60Hz)
    * Bridge Media (SD Card and Smart Media Card Slot)
    * Double Window
    * Fine-Pitch CRT
    * 2 DVD Component Video Inputs
    * 3-Dimensional Y/C Separator (NTSC)
    * SRS WOW Sound System
    * Super Woofer

    Model 36SW9UA

    Screen Size 86cm

    Aspect Ratio 16:9 Widescreen

    Receiving System PAL/NTSC/SECAM

    Hyper Tuner Yes

    Fastext Yes

    Sound NICAM (BG,I,DK)/German Stereo (BG)

    100Hz Scanning Yes

    Digital Hyper Yes

    Digital Line Improvement System Yes

    New Cinema Mode 3:2/2:2 Pull Down

    High Definition Compatible* 1080i/720p (50/60Hz)

    CRT Fine-Pitch CRT

    Bridge Media (Card Slot) SD / Smart Media

    Digital Window Double Window / Channel Search / Strobe

    3-Dimensional Y/C Separator (NTSC) Yes

    Digital Noise Reduction Yes

    Audio Output (10%RMS) 12W x 2 + 16W

    Full Range Speakers 8 x 12cm

    Surround SRS WOW Yes

    Multi-lingual OSD English/Chinese/Malay/Vietnamese/Thai

    Auto Search Memory (ASM) Yes

    On/Off Timer Yes

    Blue Black Control Yes

    No Signal Mute Yes

    Selectable Picture Yes

    Selectable Sound Yes

    DVD Component Video Input 2

    S-Video Input 1

    AV Input 3

    AV Output 1

    Front AV Input S+RCA

    Automatic Voltage Regulator 220-240V

    Power Consumption 215W

    Dimensions (W x H x D)mm 935 x 625 x 604

    Weight (net)kg 75.2

    * When connected to a set-top box

    Note Design and specifications are subject to change without notice

    Mr Sheridan, Jan 17, 2005