Tor-MSN Messenger

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by George Orwell, Apr 7, 2006.

  1. How can I encrypt the conversation packets? Thanks.

    George Orwell, Apr 7, 2006

  2. What do you mean by "encrypt the conversation packets"? Tor is designed to
    make your "packets" anonymous. To do this it encrypts them between you
    and a Tor exit node. After that they're no longer encrypted unless you're
    using some other IM feature or IM capable encryption software/plugin/etc.

    Assuming you want anonymous IM, does MSN Messenger support SOCKS proxies?

    If "yes", configure MSN Messenger for SOCKS proxy on at 127.0.0.1:9050

    If "no", get a real IM client and configure it for SOCKS proxy at
    127.0.0.1:9050. :)

    George Orwell, Apr 7, 2006