    and re-charge a few days before my trip? Any advice is appreciated.

    thx
    dakota2112

    dakota, Sep 25, 2003

  2. dakota

    Cooter Guest

    The user's guide for my battery / charger (same as yours) cautions that a
    fully charged battery should NOT be recharged. I haven't seen numbers, but
    have read on several occasions that a lithium battery has a slower charge
    loss rate than either NiMH or NiCad batteries. If you are really concerned
    about going with fully charged batteries you might put the camera in
    playback mode for, say, an hour on each battery, then recharge it. You might
    have to reset the auto-off so the display stays on.

    Cooter, Sep 25, 2003

  3. dakota

    Paul Cordes Guest

    1. They will have lost very little charge in just a week or two.
    2. It won't hurt to charge them briefly just to top them off. But don't
    charge them overnight. This is inspite of what the other poster has read.
    It *is* bad to constantly trickle charge Li-ion batteries. But 30min to an
    hour each won't hurt them. They have no memory effect.
    3. Don't bother to discharge them and recharge them. You're more likely to
    damage them than anything.

    PC

    Paul Cordes, Sep 26, 2003