Too Much Talent + Too Much Demand = ?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Feb 18, 2011.

  1. Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Feb 18, 2011

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    JohnO Guest

    I find there's a shortage of experienced, quality talent in the
    technical IT sector. At least in the ERP sphere I work in.

    JohnO, Feb 18, 2011

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Ted Guest

    Ted, Feb 18, 2011
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Ted Guest

    OK, so instead it sounds like the People Managers finding excuses for
    their own incompetence.

    Ted, Feb 18, 2011
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Ted Guest

    The difficult area is where competence counts. A competent People
    Manager should get the answer right more often than not.

    Ted, Feb 18, 2011
  6. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Enkidu Guest

    Yes. There's a shortage of BAs and PMs and other similar roles. Testers?
    No one ever presents themselves as a tester.

    If you find a good PM hold onto him/her at all costs.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Feb 18, 2011