    Thanx,
    Mark
    Nashville, tN

    Mark C, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Mark C

    Mark C Guest

    I am also considering the Tamaron AF2.8 28 to 75mm LDXR Aspherical
    SP....lens....which is a few hundred dollars cheaper than the tokina.

    any thoughts?

    Mark

    "Mark C" <> wrote in message
    > I am considering the purchase of the following lens. Is there anybody

    here
    > in the newsgroup that can speak to the quaility of this lens.
    >
    > Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto AF 28-80mm f/2.8 AT-X 280AF Pro Autofocus Lens

    for

    Mark C, Sep 30, 2003

  3. "Mark C" <> writes:

    > I am considering the purchase of the following lens. Is there anybody here
    > in the newsgroup that can speak to the quaility of this lens.
    >
    > Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto AF 28-80mm f/2.8 AT-X 280AF Pro Autofocus Lens for
    > Canon EOS

    I've had what I believe is the predecessor to that lens, the ATX pro
    28-70 f2.6-2.8, since 1994. The only things wrong with it is that
    it's not wide enough on my digital body and not long enough on my film
    bodies :). Other than that it's an excellent lens.
    --
    David Dyer-Bennet, <>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>

    David Dyer-Bennet, Sep 30, 2003
  4. "Mark C" <> wrote in message
    > I am considering the purchase of the following lens. Is there anybody

    here
    > in the newsgroup that can speak to the quaility of this lens.
    >
    > Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto AF 28-80mm f/2.8 AT-X 280AF Pro Autofocus Lens

    for
    > Canon EOS

    Apparently excellent, although my own experience is with the Tokina
    28-70/2.8. There is a current version of this one (the 28-70/2.8 Pro SV)
    which is smaller than the 28-80, and feels better than the Tokina. Optically
    speaking there is probably little to seperate them; if you're buying
    constant f2.8 glass, you're buying at a higher level than the standard
    zooms. I imagine even Sigma make good f2.8 zooms, although whether they can
    make them work with new cameras is another thing...

    --
    Martin
    Staring at C:\ prompts since 1993

    Martin Francis, Sep 30, 2003