    of dollars for a plumber. Wonder if maybe a jerryrig using a bulldog clip
    or two as a weight would help it fall consistently ??

    Thanks.

    dwacon, Mar 6, 2005

  2. dwacon

    °Mike° Guest

    Get yourself a new rubber gasket for the valve. In the mean
    time, bend the flapper arm downwards, slightly.

    °Mike°, Mar 6, 2005

  3. dwacon

    SgtMinor Guest

    Except for those stupid 1.6 gal toilets, flaps are interchangeable,
    inexpensive, and easy DIY installs. When you install the new flap, be
    sure the mounting studs are properly oriented so that the flap is
    centered over the drain. You may want to run your finger over the drain
    pipe that the flap must seal, and if you feel any minerals encrusted
    around the drain be sure to clean them off.

    When you're done, add some food coloring to the tank water. If you
    don't have a proper seal the colored water will show up in the toilet.

    SgtMinor, Mar 6, 2005
  4. dwacon

    Plato Guest

    The flappers are easily replaced and cheap. You may have to try a few
    types/brands tho to find one that works correctly.

    Plato, Mar 7, 2005