    My windows won't toggle. I have to minimize to get the one I want active on
    top....how do I fix it so all I have to do is click on the window I want on
    the taskbar?

    David, Mar 19, 2006

  2. What happens if you Alt-Tab between windows? Hold down the Alt key and
    press Tab until you get to the one you want, then release both keys.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 19, 2006

  3. David

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Try this, if it does not work then let me know.
    Cut and paste everything between the lines and paste it into notepad. Save
    the file as windowfix.reg and save it to the desktop. make sure you change
    the save as type.... drop down box to all files. Once saved double click on
    the file to merge it into the registry. Reboot.

    Begin cut below this line

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
    "Shell"="Explorer.exe"

    [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects2]
    [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams]
    [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StreamsMRU]

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "NoToolbarsOnTaskbar"=dword:00000000

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "NoSetTaskbar"=dword:00000000

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "NoActiveDesktop"=dword:00000000

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "ClassicShell"=dword:00000000

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer
    Bars\{32683183-48a0-441b-a342-7c2a440a9478}]
    @="Media Band"
    "BarSize"=-

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "NoBandCustomize"=dword:00000000
    "NoMovingBands"=dword:00000000
    "NoCloseDragDropBands"=dword:00000000
    "NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000
    "NoSetTaskbar"=dword:00000000
    "NoToolbarsOnTaskbar"=dword:00000000

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy
    Objects\LocalUser\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "NoMovingBands"=dword:00000000
    "NoCloseDragDropBands"=dword:00000000
    "**del.NoMovingBands"=" "

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy
    Objects\LocalUser\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy
    Objects\LocalUser\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "**del.NoSaveSettings"=" "

    End cut above this line

    pcbutts1, Mar 19, 2006