Today's image

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PeterN, Jan 12, 2014.

  1. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    PeterN, Jan 12, 2014

  2. PeterN

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Tony Cooper, Jan 12, 2014

  3. Paul in Houston TX, Jan 12, 2014
  4. PeterN

    Robert Coe Guest

    : Went to butterfly World and found this emerging from the bath.
    :
    : Not the classic shot. medium crop and a touch of sharpening.
    :
    :
    : <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/Where's My Towel.jpg>

    What are the white spots? He looks like he has dandruff. It occurs to me that
    they might be water droplets; but if so, they're fairly well disguised.
    Hmmm... Did you say it snowed there?

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jan 12, 2014
  5. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    Right on.

    The frame before, unretouched and medium jpeg.

    <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20140111_Pompano_4881.jpg>

    PeterN, Jan 12, 2014
  6. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    Me???
    Never. <BFG>

    PeterN, Jan 12, 2014
  7. PeterN

    J. Clarke Guest

    He's comine out of a bird-bath and appears to be shaking off. That
    splash neard the tail is distracting--it's one of those "WTF is _that_"
    things.

    J. Clarke, Jan 12, 2014
  8. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    Do you want the nEF file? It's rather large?

    PeterN, Jan 12, 2014
  9. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    PeterN, Jan 12, 2014
  10. PeterN

    Sandman Guest

    As I've said in the past - too much post. The photo is fine in itself, I
    suppose, but it has been all but ruined in post. I'm not sure if the
    original image is too blurry and you try to compensate with unsharp mask.
    And since you want to shoot with such small aperture, I would greatly
    encourage you to crank up the iso to shorten the shutter speed instead of
    compensating in post.

    Oh, and remove that TC :)

    Sandman, Jan 13, 2014
  11. PeterN

    David Taylor Guest

    []
    Agreed

    David Taylor, Jan 13, 2014
  12. PeterN

    Robert Coe Guest

    : On 1/12/2014 1:38 AM, Robert Coe wrote:
    : > On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 22:45:28 -0500, PeterN <>
    : > wrote:
    : > : Went to butterfly World and found this emerging from the bath.
    : > :
    : > : Not the classic shot. medium crop and a touch of sharpening.
    : > :
    : > :
    : > : <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/Where's My Towel.jpg>
    : >
    : > What are the white spots? He looks like he has dandruff. It occurs to me that
    : > they might be water droplets; but if so, they're fairly well disguised.
    : > Hmmm... Did you say it snowed there?
    : >
    :
    : Right on.
    :
    : The frame before, unretouched and medium jpeg.
    :
    :
    : <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20140111_Pompano_4881.jpg>

    Error 404

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jan 14, 2014
  13. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    Sorry I took it down. Here it is again.

    <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20140111_Pompano_4881.jpg>

    PeterN, Jan 14, 2014
  14. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    See my response to Bob Coe. That image had very little post. What looks
    like noise is water droplets.

    Nope!
    It does the job I want it to do.

    PeterN, Jan 14, 2014
  15. PeterN

    Sandman Guest

    I don't believe you. I haven't said anything about noise, only about
    sharpening. Post the NEF.
    Lowering your ability to take good pictures, huh? Well, to each his own.

    Sandman, Jan 15, 2014
  16. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    Your belief is of no consequence. I posted a medium quality jpeg of the
    immediately preceding image. in response to Bob Coe's comment.

    PeterN, Jan 15, 2014
  17. PeterN

    Sandman Guest

    Neither are your claims.
    Your medium quality jpeg's are of no consequence.

    Anyway, too much post ruined your image. I just thought seeing the original
    image would redeeem the camera at least.

    Sandman, Jan 15, 2014