    better to try and may be if I tell other people what I have done they might
    buy a gift ..

    http://www.greatgifts.org/(5lqaiv45qtg35m45icdvnu55)/GiftSelection/home.aspx

    Gerald Hammond, Jan 3, 2005

  2. Gerald Hammond

    Ionizer Guest

    Every little bit counts- good for you. None of us can save the world, but
    we can occasionally help save "somebody." (I guess John Holmes was just a
    bit concerned about the fate of the goat.)

    Regards,
    Ian.
    "If it's not Scottish, it's crap."

    Ionizer, Jan 3, 2005

  3. Gerald Hammond

    anthonyberet Guest

    Why do you feel the chances are slim?
    NGOs are not perfect by any means, but they clearly do *some* good.

    anthonyberet, Jan 3, 2005
  4. Gerald Hammond

    Stickems. Guest

    If I thought for the fleetest of moments that I could buy a goat for £13
    which would improve the life of some impoverished third world family I would
    not hesitate to do so. The chances of that happening in the way that you
    have imagined are slim indeed. Your new year wishes are reciprocated.

    Stickems., Jan 3, 2005
  5. Gerald Hammond

    anthonyberet Guest

    Is that different from the mitherings of an old fart? ;-)

    anthonyberet, Jan 3, 2005
  6. Gerald Hammond

    Stickems. Guest

    Wisdom born of age and experience.