    What is the easiest way to do this?
    Do I setup a vlan on each switch connected to a single router which will route the vlan traffic?

    Thanks in advance,

    thegmanagain, May 8, 2008

  2. thegmanagain

    ninop

    Joined:
    May 9, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Venezuela
    Ok, if you use vlan's it can be done, and you can share the vlan's thru the 3 switchs.

    first, check if the 3 switchs alow you to make 802.1Q vlan tagging. If not, the most simple option is to connect the 3 switchs to the router, each one on a different router interface. (but that wouldn't be vlan's, only hard-splitting lans)

    can you show a simple topology of your switchs? something like this, to give you a better advice:

    [switch 1] <----->[Router]<------>[Switch 2]
    [Switch 3]

    Bye!

    Last edited: May 9, 2008
    ninop, May 9, 2008

  3. thegmanagain

    thegmanagain

    Joined:
    May 8, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    Thanks for your answer.

    The proposed topology might look something like this:
    [switch 1] <----->[Router 1]<------>[Switch 3]
    [switch 2] <----->[Router 1]<------>[Switch 3]

    I've checked out the switches and they all support 802.1Q vlan tagging.

    Where do I set up the vlans?

    Thanks again,

    thegmanagain, May 13, 2008