To James: Re Your Previous On Uninstaller For Norton Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Dec 31, 2005.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hi,

    Much thanks for help; appreciate it.

    Re the program you suggested:

    http://www.4developers.com/addremove/
    Use this ....Free for 30 days good Luck Jim

    The Norton program(s) don't appear anymore in the Control Panel Add Or
    Remove Programs listing.

    Probably a bunch of registry keys, etc., remaining though, that's still
    leftover that is causing the black bars in the Add Or Remove program lists.

    Will the program you suggested find these registry, etc. items even thoiugh
    not listed anymore ?

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, Dec 31, 2005

  2. Robert11

    Tony Bronze Guest

    I use CCleaner, free from http://www.ccleaner.com/ . Does a whole lot
    more than just clean the registry.

    Tony Bronze, Dec 31, 2005

  3. Robert11

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Robert11 spewed forth:
    I've done the manual removal of Norton/Symantec registry keys - it took over
    an hour. That crap gets into EVERYTHING. But yes, try to get rid of it. As
    suggested by Tony, run CCleaner.exe first though. Then run regedit and
    search for Norton and Symantec and see how much is left.

    Toolman Tim, Dec 31, 2005