To give LISTof Wirelss Networks,which Win32 cmd in cmd prompt is u

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Jul 5, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi,

    I add wireless network cart to my pc slot. I setup wireless area network and
    run regularly. My pc operating system is Windows XP Service Pack 2.

    Network Connections -> Wireless Area Network -> (Right Click)Properties ->
    (Tab) Wireless Networks page -> (click button) Display Wireless Networks.
    When "Display Wireless Networks" button is clicked, the LIST of all detected
    wireless networks are displayed.

    The LIST is important for me. How can I reach this LIST using Win32 command
    through DOS command prompt? I think that if I could reach this LIST through
    Microsoft page, I also reach this LIST through Win32 command tool.

    But I do have no idea about which comand line do this operation. When I
    search it on Google, I see "netsh wlan show all" command do this operation on
    MS Vista only. When I tried to use it on Windows XP command prompt, "wlan"
    command not found message is written to the command screen.

    Please help me to find the command line..:(

    Thank so much...

    Best Regards,
    Sezin E.

    Guest, Jul 5, 2007

  2. Hi
    I think that you can enable the Wireless Network icon on your computer and
    when you click on it you get the list of available Networks.
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#icon_bar
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Sezin Eren ()"

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jul 5, 2007