to find the xp home product key

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by john do(pe), Aug 25, 2004.

  1. john do(pe)

    john do(pe) Guest

    Hi.

    I was doing an news install of windows for my neigbour and got stuck at
    entering the licence key.
    It's an system that was bought complete and incluted with win xp home
    version.
    It was brought back one time because of a hard disk failure and they
    asked for the windows disk to reinstall it,.
    It was used for half an year without an antivirus program and when she
    asked to help her out i found it full of viruses and spyware and
    couldn't safe the system.
    Now according to them the product key was on the back of the computer
    and it was a live-long licence.
    I tried to install it but it doesn't want to accept the key.
    Of course the shops help desk tells her; ohw well you must have mistaken
    an B for an 8 and yust bring in the system and all will be fine.
    But i am more then sure that the licence key on the back aint that one
    wich should go along with the cd, but i cant proof it.I've searched on
    the cd but there is no key to be found.Is there a tool ore an trick to
    find out the original code on that cd.?
    Ore do i have to use shouting mode @ the shop?

    any idea's on that?
    Thank you.

    john do(pe), Aug 25, 2004

  2. john do(pe)

    Unk Guest

    If the original system is still intact, extract that from the registry.
    Download the free "Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder"

    If not, Microsoft will give you a new key when you call them if you can give
    them enough proof of ownership. It appears you have enough.

    Unk, Aug 25, 2004

  3. john do(pe)

    Hard D'isk Guest

    just get one of those key-finders from one of the crack or warez groups
    they are really small and will tell you right what your key is in any xp
    thangys

    Hard D'isk, Aug 25, 2004