  1. Bazzer Smith

    John Russell Guest

    Well I use Videoredo and it fix's such problems without re-encoding.

    John Russell, Dec 6, 2006

  2. Bazzer Smith

    Mike Henry Guest

    What's going on, that's from a thread which was finished 3 months ago!
    Good. But I was not posting about bitrates, I was posting about
    resolutions. Given that 540x576 is an "illegal" resolution for DVD, you
    need a very tolerant chipset in your DVD player for it to work.

    Even if you did all that and produce hundreds of prized home-brew DVDs
    which happen to work on your current "forgiving" player, what a risk all
    that work would be when your next player in a few year's time refuses to
    play a single one! No way, it's far more sensible to author them to as
    close to DVD-Video standard as possible for peace of mind.

    Mike Henry, Dec 6, 2006

  3. Bazzer Smith

    John Russell Guest

    Don't you uses a PC? It doesn't matter if I should have problems, and I have
    used disks in 4 or 5 players without any, I will always be able to read the
    VOB's as data on a PC and fix the video if I need too.

    John Russell, Dec 6, 2006
  4. Bazzer Smith

    Jukka Aho Guest

    I think it is plausible that manufacturers of modern hardware MPEG-2
    decoders (or hardware MPEG-2 decoder cores integrated to some
    multifunction one-chip-wonder as used on set-top boxes, DVD players,
    etc.) do not really differentiate the basic feature set of their decoder
    that much. You could find the same MPEG decoder chip/core - supporting
    the same resolutions, bitrates, etc. - in a modern DVD player and in a
    modern DVB set-top box.

    Jukka Aho, Dec 6, 2006