To all prospective MCSE candidates in this group

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Brendon Rogers, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. <rant>

    Day after day there are numerous posts to this group requesting bits of
    information which are easily found on Microsoft's website yet many idiots
    can't find this information. How on earth do you expect to become an MCSE if
    you can't find basic information on a website in front of you? Too many
    questions relate to "what exams do I need to pass for MC(S)(E)(A)(P)". Its
    on the bloody website!! And whats worse most of the questions which are
    asked here most frequently are in....now guess which section.... the FAQs!

    It seriously concerns me that people expect to be qualified and then let
    loose on production servers yet they don't possess the basic skills to
    search and browse a website.

    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert

    Frequently Asked Questions
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcse/faq.asp

    Now, although there is no such thing as a stupid question you owe it to
    yourself and others to research a problem first before asking the first
    thing that zips into your head. If you have researched MS's website (and
    does anyone here actually read any of the previous posts? Sometimes the same
    question is asked twice in one day) and don't understand the content then
    there is no harm in asking. But for heavens sake, do something on your own
    first.

    </rant>

    Good luck to everyone who is actually putting in an effort towards studying
    for something worthwhile and asking and posting intelligent (ok, sometimes
    just amusing) answers to questions.

    Brendon

    Brendon Rogers, Aug 12, 2003

  2. Brendon Rogers

    kingkuru Guest

    If it makes you feel better, I not only read through most
    all of MS's certification web pages, including the FAQ,
    but I also did a newsgroup search before asking my
    questions about the 70-219 exam. But I understand what
    you're saying. I've only been here a couple of days and
    I'm already amazed that so many people ask what exams
    they need to take to get an MCSE and other similarly
    obvious questions.

    kingkuru, Aug 12, 2003

  3. Brendon Rogers

    Cheeseburger Guest

    How many papers does it take to become an MCSE?
    Email back your reply's immediately!

    Cheeseburger, Aug 13, 2003
  4. I think in all fairness kingkuru's earlier post is reasonable (its just my
    opinion and no one died and left me in charge). He is asking for feedback
    and advice from someone who may have been there before.

    Brendon Rogers, Aug 13, 2003
  5. the power of grayskull?

    Brendon Rogers, Aug 13, 2003
  6. Brendon Rogers