    being done about this? When can I expect her to be able to email me?

    Thanks,

    Heide Loos

    Karl & Heide Loos, Dec 16, 2003

  2. Karl & Heide Loos

    Harrison Guest

    Heide,
    Thanks for writing concerning your problems with receiving e-mail from
    your sister.
    We were blocking certain senders because we believed them to be giving
    aid and comfort to Saddam. Now that he has been captured, there will
    be no further need for us to block your sister's messages.
    We apologize for the inconvenience and we wish a jolly holiday season!
    Sat hello to Karl and tell him we miss his presence at the closet
    queens meetings on Thursday nights.
    Hope he'll come around again soon.

    Harrison - The New Handicapper General, Tiscali Internet

    Harrison, Dec 16, 2003

  3. Karl & Heide Loos

    Miggsee Guest

    This international newsgroup is not your ISP. Please contact them!
    (worldnet.att.net)

    If you used shell.com to munge your address, change it! That's a valid
    domain!

    Miggsee, Dec 16, 2003
  4. Karl & Heide Loos

    trout Guest

    https://mailus.help.att.net/BridgePage

    trout, Dec 16, 2003
  5. Karl & Heide Loos

    Mara Guest

    It's probably not going to make a lot of difference either way - Tiscali are
    well known spammers, and AT&T are in SPEWS:

    http://www.spews.org/html/S586.html

    and on the Spamhaus BL:

    http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings.lasso

    and since the _only_ way off the SPEWS list is to nuke the spammers, and since
    AT&T is pink as well as black-hat, I expect the listing is only going to expand,
    not decrease.

    Both are considered block-on-sight by a LOT of people - in a few cases, some
    have gone as far as to block AT&T's entire /8.

    Mara, Dec 16, 2003
  6. Karl & Heide Loos

    Mara Guest

    Mara, Dec 16, 2003
  7. Karl & Heide Loos

    Greg M Guest

    Oh goody!!

    I'll have to choose someone else if want dsl? Bleagh!

    Greg M, Dec 16, 2003
  8. Karl & Heide Loos

    Mara Guest

    Yes. That, or get those who whose hosts use the SPEWS list to whitelist you, or
    find a different way/place to send your e-mail through.

    The chances of the second happening are not too good. AT&T's been a sewer long
    enough that most responsible admins refuse to deal with them. Personally, I vote
    for blocking the /8. I've never seen anything but spam and wormspew from them.

    Searched Groups for att.net group:news.admin.net-abuse.sightings. Results
    1 - 100 of about 34,600. Search took 2.41 seconds.

    Here's another listing:

    http://www.spews.org/html/S1677.html

    "Pink is not a good color, online."

    Mara, Dec 16, 2003
  9. Karl & Heide Loos

    Miggsee Guest

    Thanks for the info! :) MC!

    Miggsee, Dec 16, 2003
  10. Karl & Heide Loos

    Greg M Guest

    Thanks. I still haven't loosened the huskers. Still thinking about. :)

    Greg M, Dec 16, 2003
  11. Karl & Heide Loos

    Greg M Guest

    Greg M, Dec 16, 2003
  12. Karl & Heide Loos

    Mara Guest

    You wouldn't regret it.

    "I know I haven't."

    Mara, Dec 16, 2003
  13. Karl & Heide Loos

    Mara Guest

    1, 12.129.204.99, northplainsllc.com
    1, 12.129.204.75, smilepop.com
    1, 12.129.204.158, euniverse.com
    1, 12.129.204.183, increaseyourhealth.com
    1, 12.129.204.98, mail.increaseyourhealth.com
    1, 12.129.205.221, ns1.euniverse.com
    1, 12.129.205.144, i.laih.com
    1, 12.129.205.222, ns3.smilepop.com / ns3.euniverse.com
    1, 12.129.204.0/23, euniverse.com (ATT)
    1, 12.129.207.250, mail.optingroupllc.com
    1, 12.129.207.251, mail2451.optingroupllc.com
    2, 12.129.248.235, mail.euniverse.com (ATT)
    1, 12.129.207.0/23, euniverse.com (ATT)

    and the euniverse listing was expanded, IIRC.

    Spamhaus. Pure and simple.

    Mara, Dec 16, 2003
  14. Karl & Heide Loos

    Greg M Guest

    Uh. I need some anti-bacterial soap, Phew.

    Greg M, Dec 17, 2003
  15. Karl & Heide Loos

    Mara Guest

    Oh, there are more listings.

    Many, many more.

    http://tinyurl.com/zkws

    " I think I'll go shower in Quatracide, now."

    Mara, Dec 17, 2003
  16. Karl & Heide Loos

    Greg M Guest

    Oh, not to worry, I trust ya. <g>