tip:..is your browser starting up slow? How about your Outlook Express? Read this

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Redneck Crackerhead, Jun 11, 2004.

  1. This is not a testimonial for any product. Just my summation of what I just
    went through.

    Ok so you click on the icon for your favorite browser like internet explorer
    and it seems to take forever to load right? You use outlook express and it
    too takes forever to load.

    YOU have spyware my friend. Believe it or not, you have visited a site,
    installed a program, and without your knowledge, you wind up with a bunches
    of nasty little buggers all designed to find out what you do with your
    computer while you're online.

    it's known as spyware.

    I've been a fair believer in spybot search and destroy which does a good
    job.
    But another program called "spybouncer" seems to do a better one.

    A couple of weeks ago I ran the program and cleaned out all it found.
    So tonight I cleaned up again. This time it found quite a bit more.
    No wonder pages were taking forever to load.
    It got so bad that image searching on google came to a screeching halt.

    If you're not so sure about running spyware hunting programs, do this and
    you'll want to.
    Open your registry. Go to run on the start menu, type in regedit and click
    enter.
    Now press F3.
    Here's just a few items to look for, in no particular order:

    WinFavorites
    DyFuCa......[don't ask..no clues]
    180solutions.com
    Myway
    Mysearh
    Mybar

    Go ahead and delete the entries. You won't harm a thing.

    Have you ever installed those free smilies from smileycentral.com?
    SPYWARE!
    Better believe it.

    Now it's up to you to decide if you want to live with the spyware, waste
    time loading programs or run with a clean machine and have it work the way
    it's supposed to.

    Try out a few of the spyware hunting programs and decide which works best
    for you.

    If you don't, "you will be assimilated".

    Redneck Crackerhead, Jun 11, 2004

  2. Redneck Crackerhead

    Bullet Guest

    Is that a joke. couldnt believe the crap in there.
    Have spybot and adaawre. How are they missing hundreds of these.
    Bullet.
    Can you suggest decent program

    --
    Bullet

    Put the BIN out before replying

    ICQ me on 258728226

    Bullet, Jun 11, 2004

  3. Redneck Crackerhead

    °Mike° Guest

    Sure it isn't. For your, and anybody else's information,
    Spybouncer should be avoided like the plague; it's
    not free, and may actually install spyware on your system.
    http://www.netrn.net/archives2/000550.html

    <snip crap>

    °Mike°, Jun 11, 2004
  4. Redneck Crackerhead

    Boomer Guest

    Bullis ^ ^ ?

    Boomer, Jun 11, 2004
  5. Thanks for the Mike... i was just looking at the spybouncer site.... not
    anymore

    (lol - i guess it WAS a testimonial after all.)

    NevaYouMindWhoItAint, Jun 11, 2004
  6. Redneck Crackerhead

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jun 11, 2004