    how to kill this as well but for now I would
    greatly appriciate any help with FF problem.
    ..

    Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer, Jun 21, 2008

  2. Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer

    Rom Guest

    In Fx, F7 toggles caret browsing, with an optional warning to display
    it or not.

    Tools > Options > Advanced > General tab
    --Accessibility--
    [?]Always use the cursor keys to navigate within pages

    <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Accessibility.browsewithcaret>
    <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Accessibility.warn_on_browsewithcaret>

    In Windows start looking at settings for accessibility or ease of
    access and mouse pointers/cursors.

    Rom, Jun 22, 2008

  3. Thank you Rom. Read both the URL's you posted. I have been screwing
    around with F7 and the warning dialog box and have yet to have any
    success. I will persist. I do get some relief from the nasty
    little boxes when writing in my news client

    "This preference can be set by checking the "Do not show me this
    dialog box again" checkbox on the "Caret Browsing" dialog that appears
    the first time [F7] is pressed."

    Borked Pseudo Mailed, Jun 22, 2008
  4. Dear Rom:
    The madness is over. Cured by the above URL pasted you
    into your last post. Toggled <browser.chrome.toolbar_tips > and
    instantly all is right with the world. I owe you. If you are ever in
    Nicaragua let me buy you a beer.

    Cordially, TC

    Borked Pseudo Mailed, Jun 22, 2008