  2. Annika1980

    Jon Pope Guest

    DAMN BRET THAT'S AN AWESOME PICTURE

    Jon Pope, Jun 13, 2008

  3. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    DAMMIT, DON'T KEEP ME IN SUSPENSE.
    WHICH ONE???

    Annika1980, Jun 13, 2008
  4. Annika1980

    Jon Pope Guest

    All of them but I really enjoyed the first 1

    Jon Pope, Jun 13, 2008
  5. Annika1980

    Draco Guest

    Some damn nice work Bret. Isn't it amazing that a zoom lens is as
    sharp at f/4 as f/22? very cool. But I still like my Nikon.

    Draco

    Draco, Jun 13, 2008
  6. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    How did you know I was naked?

    Annika1980, Jun 13, 2008
  7. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    I assume you are referring to this shot:
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593915

    Let's just say that everything is not always as it seems.
    See if anybody can figure out what I'm talking about.

    Annika1980, Jun 13, 2008
  8. Annika1980

    Helen Guest

    Great series of shots. My fav are these 2:
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593823
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593817

    I bet using that 5D was a real treat!
    Helen

    Helen, Jun 13, 2008
  9. Annika1980

    Helen Guest

    "But I still like my Nikon"

    To each his own. I won't hold that against you!
    Personally, I've never liked the way Nikon cameras work or the way
    they feel in my hands.
    Helen

    Helen, Jun 13, 2008
  10. Annika1980

    Draco Guest

    I can see that you used a 400mm f/5.6L in a few of the shots. That
    this shot is done at the 70mm length of the 70-200mm f/2.8L. Either
    way my comment was about the zoom and how well the sharpnes and DOF
    was for a zoom.

    If you are talking about something else, then please tell us.

    No matter, keep shooting and showing those georgous images.

    Draco

    Draco, Jun 13, 2008
  11. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Jun 13, 2008
  12. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    The EXIF info is correct .... taken at f/4.
    But how could this be since both the foreground and the background are
    in focus?
    I took two pics changing the focus point between them. Then I combined
    them so that everything would be in focus (max DOF).

    Annika1980, Jun 13, 2008
  13. Annika1980

    Draco Guest

    Ah, so I see, say the blind idiot.;-) With your skills in the digital
    darkroom, it would have been quite easy for you to seamlessly combine
    two or more images to create a new one. Something traditional
    photographers have done for years.

    Nicely done as well.

    Draco

    Draco, Jun 13, 2008
  14. Annika1980

    tony cooper Guest

    Nikon dslrs work much the same way as other dslrs. You switch them
    on, look through the tiny window to see what the lens will capture,
    and press the shiny silver button. Various adjustments are possible
    before and during these steps.

    They feel much the same way that other dslrs do. It's best to not
    handle them with if your hands are coated with sun lotion or hand
    lotion.

    The really important things are the creative and technical ability of
    the holder of the camera, and the interest of what is in front of the
    camera. The camera is merely a tool, and the brand of the tool is
    less important than what is in front and in back of the tool.

    tony cooper, Jun 13, 2008
  15. Annika1980

    Draco Guest

    Ah, but I have seen a wide difference in quality of image with a zoom
    lens between either end of the lenses range. One shot looks like it is
    tack sharp through out the image and when racked out, falls apart in
    quality at the same settings. Re-focused of course on the same subject
    and with-in a moment of the first image. Go figure. But that was way
    back in the day when you weren't sure who or where your lens was made.

    But then again I think Bret can make a pin-hole, telephoto shot sharp.

    jmtcw

    Draco

    Draco, Jun 13, 2008
  16. .....And here's a new weapon, too.
    www.esnips.com/web/dimtzortsPhotos
    Well done, Bret. My mother told me that eagles have a wing span up to 6'
    (I'm 5'10").

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Jun 13, 2008
  17. Annika1980

    Helen Guest

    "It's like cheating."

    Never feel like that. People grow and require more challenging
    equipment. Never feel tied down just because it was a gift. It's
    your camera to do whatever you wish.
    Anytime you tire of the 40D I'll be more than happy to relieve you of
    it.

    Helen, Jun 13, 2008
  18. Annika1980

    John Guest

    Just one word.AMAZING.

    All of them. But I do like the first one.

    John.

    John, Jun 13, 2008
  19. Annika1980

    m II Guest

    Most perverts get that way. Steal any pictures today?

    mike

    m II, Jun 14, 2008
  20. Annika1980

    Helen Guest

    "an alternative term
    for homo sapiens is "talking monkey".

    I've heard some say the say thing about GWB. ;0)

    Helen, Jun 14, 2008