    what they should be. How can I get the phone system to remember what
    time setting it should have.

    Thanks

    Vicki, Nov 8, 2004

  2. Vicki

    Mitel Lurker Guest

    How are you setting the time?
    This must be done via the ESM (GUI) interface. You should **never**
    attempt to program the 3300 via the telnet/command line interface.

    Log in to the web gui
    click on system administration
    set time & date from there.

    There are (I think) as many as four file systems on the 3300; EMEM (voice
    mail), SX2K Call Control, VXWorks subsystem and the ESM. The ESM keeps it
    all synchronized and happy. Only when programmed through the ESM (GUI)
    are all the interrelated file systems "happy".

    In a very soon-to-be upcoming release for the 3300, the SX2000 Call
    Control command line (telnet) interface will be locked for edit and only
    allow read access to the programming forms.

    Mitel Lurker, Nov 8, 2004

  3. Vicki

    Vicki Guest

    I set the time using the ESM (GUI) interface. - By logging into the
    web GUI, selecting Group Administration Tool, selecting Manage System
    Options, and then selecting Change Date and Time.

    I've been doing this in the morning; This resets all the phones to the
    correct time, and they remain that way all day, by the time I arrive
    at work the next morning the system time is an hour fast again. I
    guess that it is synching time from some time server over night but I
    do not know where this setting would be stored.

    Vicki, Nov 9, 2004
  4. Vicki

    Mitel Lurker Guest

    OK that is the correct way. Obviously something else is wrong.
    Unless I missed something that day in class, there is no means to
    time-synch the 3300 to another source **UNLESS** you're using OPS-MAN to
    manage the system. Even then it's an option you have to conciously enable
    and OPS-MAN is ordinarily capable of keeping track of the time change.
    (Do not confuse this time of day synch with network synch for clocking T1
    or PRI trunks)

    Anyway, I can save you a phone call and tell you exactly what Mitel
    Product Support will tell you. Upgrade to the latest release, then see if
    you're still experiencing the problem. I say this because I see nothing
    listed in the KPI (known product issues) relating to a time problem. That
    doesn't mean there's not an obscure bug out there someplace, just that no
    one's reported it yet.

    The most recent load for your 3300 is release 5.1.4.8. This will be a
    major upgrade for you because you'll be going from a 4-dot to a 5-dot
    release. There's several things to be aware of when making the jump to
    5.1.x so make sure whoever does it has reqd through the release notes. The
    required software is free, but you may have to pay your maintenance shop
    to come out and do it. It doesn't take very long, but will require an
    outage and a system reboot. Done right, the whole job shouldn't take over
    an hour and yes, it can even be performed remotely. Unless you've made
    prior arrangements for remote software upgrades I'd suggest having a tech
    there.

    Mitel Lurker, Nov 10, 2004
  5. I had a similar problem. I found out from Linksys that my RT41P2-AD
    Router/TA was using the time on my ISP's server. I am in the
    Eastern Time Zone but my ISP is located in the Central Time Zone.
    When I set the Time Zone to Central, the router kept the correct
    time.

    Earl F. Parrish, Dec 18, 2004