time lapse on still or video cameras?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by JXStern, Mar 4, 2007.

  1. JXStern

    JXStern Guest

    I'm in the market for a new digital camera, would like to have the
    "time lapse" feature that shoots one frame every couple of seconds, or
    thereabouts. I've seen it on some still cameras with a rather short
    time limit - hour or so. Are there any still cameras that do it
    better?

    Is it available on video cameras with a longer duration? I'd like to
    use it for some semi-surveillance kinds of apps (birds and bugs,
    actually). A video camera with a few gig of flash memory and this
    capability might be ideal.

    If it could be triggered with a motion-sensor, even better!

    Getting hard to tell the still cameras from the videos, some of the
    little hybrids look cute, new Canon TX1 looks hot, thanks for any
    advice.

    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0702/07022203canontx1.asp

    J.

    JXStern, Mar 4, 2007

  2. JXStern

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Try a web cam.

    Paul Rubin, Mar 4, 2007

  3. JXStern

    JXStern Guest

    good idea, especially the wireless variety, but it doesn't give me an
    excuse to go buy a new toy! well, I guess it is a new toy itself for
    me, and I'm overdue for that, too, but I prefer the more portable.

    J.

    JXStern, Mar 4, 2007
  4. JXStern

    Mark² Guest

    Just abut all Canon digitals come with software that allows you to do this
    while tethered to a computer. I've played around with stop-motion animation
    using various Canon DSLRs, but it can be done manually with just about any
    digital.

    Mark², Mar 4, 2007
  5. JXStern

    ray Guest

    Kodak P850 does up to 99 shots at intervals from 10 seconds to 24 hours.

    ray, Mar 4, 2007