    Like you said, you are unable to be unambiguous.
    Common sense or culinary sense, it is time and temperature
    that does the cooking, at whatever altitude.

    Liz, Oct 10, 2004

  2.
    Franz Heymann, Oct 10, 2004

  3. You underestimate my capabilities.
    And don't snip the headers
    You are expressing yourself loosely again.

    Franz

    Franz

    Franz Heymann, Oct 10, 2004
  4. Dribbler

    Liz Guest

    You may get one at Sea level when your climbing rope snapped.

    Liz, Oct 11, 2004
  5. Dribbler

    dmac1

    Joined:
    May 1, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    why it takes longer for water to boil at high altitudes

    I noticed the same thing in Brekenridge Colorado: that is, even though water boilers at much lower temperature due to the altitude, it also takes longer for it to boil (the opposite of what you would expect). However, I reasoned, since in my case I was using a natural gas burner, the lack of oxygen in the air was causing the temperature of the fire to be lower and therefore causing it to take longer to boil the water.

    dmac1, May 1, 2012