Time alters photo, makes Hillary look, well....

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Kinon O'Cann, Dec 11, 2006.

  1. Kinon O'Cann

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    Kinon O'Cann, Dec 11, 2006

  2. Kinon O'Cann

    Charlie Guest

    Does the paranoia extend to other areas of your life, Mulder?

    Charlie, Dec 11, 2006

  3. For love of Mike, she's 60. Doesn't look at all bad.

    John McWilliams, Dec 11, 2006
  4. Kinon O'Cann

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Looks like they just caught her in a bad moment. The media makes a
    hobby of getting such shots of Bush. Imagine if you could get a picture
    of her before she gets ready to face the world.... Not all media is
    biased toward liberals. Just 80%, by their own admission.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 11, 2006
  5. Kinon O'Cann

    Cynicor Guest

    You're confusing "biased toward liberals" with "voted for Democrats."

    In any event, it doesn't matter what reporters think, it matters what
    editors think.

    Cynicor, Dec 11, 2006
  6. Kinon O'Cann

    Jay Beckman Guest

    Her image has been doctored long before this particular photo was taken.

    Ever seen pics of her from around the time Bill was just getting into
    politics? In a word, Woof...

    Jay Beckman
    Chandler, AZ
    www.pbase.com/flyingphotog

    Jay Beckman, Dec 11, 2006
  7. Kinon O'Cann

    Rich Guest

    We had the same reaction in Canada when a new coin dared to show the
    Queen as a 75 year old tends to look. Sorry, but an un-soft-filtered
    or non-"airbrushed" image of an important woman may not be normal, but
    it is real, however unflattering.
    But, want to see another photo, possibly manipulated? Take a look at
    this Bush photo. How was it possible that one guys face could end up
    so buried in shadow on an open stage?
    Bush is on the left. If you normalize the histogram, all the detail is
    there, so it was likely manipulated. Image credit is on it.
    http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/57989237

    Rich, Dec 11, 2006
  8. Kinon O'Cann

    Ron Hunter Guest

    It's called 'de-emphasizing'. Photographers will often darken an area
    to make another area stand out. I agree that some darkening has
    probably been done. The much lighter background adds to the effect.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 11, 2006
  9. Kinon O'Cann

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    Find a pict of her at the Watergate Hearings.

    She almost looks better in Time.

    Dan Sullivan, Dec 11, 2006
  10. Kinon O'Cann

    Doug Robbins Guest

    Hillary has always been a dog. Why do you think Bill finds his kicks
    elsewhere?

    Doug Robbins, Dec 11, 2006
  11. She was reasonably attractive as a college girl, on the nerdy side.

    John McWilliams, Dec 11, 2006
  12. Kinon O'Cann

    J. Clarke Guest

    Oh, come on, Bill doesn't care what they look like, as long as they'll
    prep a cigar for him. Look at Monica. Equal opportunity horn-dog is our
    Bill.

    J. Clarke, Dec 11, 2006
  13. Kinon O'Cann

    Paul J Gans Guest

    Exactly. And for all we know the original photo cried out
    for sharpening. As noted the point of focus seems to be
    well back of the eyes.

    And if Time had no other available shot at that moment and
    if the shot was intended for the internet, sharpening and
    raising the contrast would be natural.

    The golden lines around the edges of her neck give it away
    for me. I've seen that effect when I oversharpen...

    Paul J Gans, Dec 11, 2006
  14. Kinon O'Cann

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    Why? What did you hear?

    Kinon O'Cann, Dec 12, 2006
  15. Kinon O'Cann

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    Watergate? Wrong era...

    Kinon O'Cann, Dec 12, 2006
  16. Kinon O'Cann

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    Yeah, but look at the parade of pound puppies he's shacked up with. Not a
    huge improvement.

    Kinon O'Cann, Dec 12, 2006
  17. Kinon O'Cann

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    Brush up on your history, Kinon.

    http://www.answers.com/topic/hillary-rodham-clinton

    "She served as a staff attorney for the Children's Defense Fund and was
    also on the congressional Impeachment Inquiry staff in 1974, at the
    tail end of Richard Nixon's Watergate scandal."

    That's right!!!!!

    Her glasses were as big as dinner plates.

    Dan Sullivan, Dec 12, 2006
  18. Kinon O'Cann

    Rod Williams Guest

    She is a freaking lesbian, what do you expect her to look like.

    Rod Williams, Dec 12, 2006