    are no new messages on the server". None of my settings have changed.
    Is anyone else experiencing this problem with Comcast. And any
    suggestions as to what can be done to make T-bird working

    kaplan3jiim, Dec 27, 2007

  2. kaplan3jiim

    kaplan3jiim Guest

    Well I have a different problem than originally stated. Still a big
    problem. It seems that suddenly EVERYTHING that comes in to the
    inboxes is being considered junk and put in the junk mail folder
    (which is not normally in view). Stuff from addressees and subjects I
    want and have have been getting for years. I haven't changed any junk
    mail related settings since resetting the training data week ago
    (which did not cause any immediate problems). I did that because too
    much junk had been getting through.

    TIA
    Jim

    kaplan3jiim, Dec 27, 2007

  3. When you reset the traininng data, its not that unusual for all the mail
    to be flagged. Try marking all this mail as not junk and move it back
    to your Inbox. Keep training the JMC this way for a weekm and see if it
    starts behaving.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 27, 2007
  4. kaplan3jiim

    Zaghadka Guest

    I'm on Comcast too, and haven't had a problem.

    Try setting up a new profile, set up an account and tell it to "leave mail on
    the server." If that pulls mail, then you have a corrupted profile.

    If that is the case, you can rebuild a new one, and then point the mail folders
    back to the old profile to access your stored mail.

    Best of luck.

    Zaghadka, Dec 28, 2007
  5. kaplan3jiim

    kaplan3jiim Guest

    As per my previous followup, what was happening was that everything
    was downloading and immediately being classified as junk so I didn't
    see it in the inboxes.

    I did nothing and everything seems to have sorted itself out within
    24 hours of the original post. Back to normal treatment of non-junk
    mail.

    ???
    Jim

    kaplan3jiim, Dec 30, 2007