    OE to access multiple hotmail accounts

    Thunderbird seems to insist that one account be "default" -
    so, *all* emails are sent via that account

    false-name, Aug 30, 2005

  2. false-name

    faxe Guest

    napisa³(a):
    while creating new account dont tick the checkbox "use global blah
    blah". Accounts will be separated and after choosing one in sidebar you
    can create and send an email from appropriate address/account.

    faxe, Aug 30, 2005

  3. false-name

    false-name Guest

    er... I ought to have specified that I did that...

    so each account has its own separate collection of folders:
    ( Inbox, Drafts, Templates, Sent, Trash )

    but in actual use, they appear to be using a single account to send...

    false-name, Aug 30, 2005
  4. false-name

    faxe Guest

    napisa³(a):
    Well, it works-for-me :)
    http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zrzutekranu2hp.png
    ("Poczta" is the "global" mailbox account).

    BTW: did you specified different SMTP settings for each of your
    accounts? GMail requires to send your login/password while sending an
    email.

    faxe, Aug 30, 2005
  5. false-name

    false-name Guest

    well... I thought I had ;)

    it looks as though that's where the problem was...
    perhaps it would be easier to check these things
    if the SMTP server settings could be labelled
    with different titles... :)

    false-name, Aug 31, 2005