Thunderbird sort default is never respected (or is it just me?)

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Debbie, May 10, 2006.

  1. Debbie

    Debbie Guest

    Where is the option to make the sort respect the defaults?

    You can certainly set my personal sort in Thunderbird to
    View->Sort by->DATE:DESCENDING:THREADED

    But, no matter what the default sort order is, when you press the
    sort-by-thread icon, your default sort order is totally ignored (try it
    with a default sort order of DATE:DESCENDING:UNTHREADED for example).

    This sort button always sorts first by DATE:ASCENDING:THREADED no matter
    what sort order you initially had.

    Of course, if you click the sort button again, Thunderbird finally sorts by
    DATE:DESCENDING:THREADED
    But by then your mailbox has been turned topsy turvy twice.

    Worse yet, even though, after a few too many button clicks, you've now