    the sender I want to kill anyhow, for virus prevention. I can not
    find any setting to set this to text for ALL email. Does this exist?

    Thanks

    kingkong, Jul 13, 2010

  2. kingkong

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:07:27 -0500, in message <>

    First, you want to configure Thunderbird to *compose* the message in
    plain text and not in HTML. This is a per-account setting. Go to

    Tools >> Account Settings >> (*select account*) >> Composition and Addressing

    and make sure "Compose messages in HTML format" is not checked.

    Second, for cases where you still happen to use the HTML composition
    window and not the plain text composition window (such as replying
    to HTML messages), go to

    Tools >> Options >> Composition >> General

    click the "Send Options" button, and for "Text" format select
    "Convert the message to plain text".

    I have assumes you are asking about

    (1) The latest version of Thunderbird
    (2) Thunderbird on MS-Windows, not Thunderbird on another OS where
    the menus will have differences. See
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Menu_differences_in_Windows,_Linux,_and_Mac

    Ralph Fox, Jul 14, 2010

  3. kingkong

    kingkong Guest

    Thanks, that fixed the problem, and I also got the "my reply" to start
    at the top, so I dont have to keep scrolling to the top. Works great
    now. Thanks

    And, yes, this is for Windows and one of the latest versions (for
    Win98se).

    *[Windows 98 is newer than Windows 7 because 98 comes AFTER 7]* :)

    I noticed you highlighted

    I dont use Thunderbird for newsgroups, only for email. I like Agent
    better for newsgroups and have been using it for almost 20 years. Why
    change now !!!!

    kingkong, Jul 14, 2010