    Can somebody tell me how to do this? Have hunted to no avail.

    Thanks,

    Liora

    Liora, Oct 19, 2005

  2. Liora

    gwtc Guest

    Well Liora, you didn't hunt very good. Its Tools, Account Settings,
    select the account, and under Composition & Addressing, select
    "automatically quote the original message when replying" and in the
    drop down select "start my reply above the quote."

    gwtc, Oct 19, 2005

  3. Liora

    Liora Guest

    Thanks for the information, but the rudeness was unnecessary.

    Liora, Oct 19, 2005
  4. Liora

    gwtc Guest

    then the next time I won't help you

    good day

    gwtc, Oct 19, 2005
  5. Liora

    vernon Guest

    Standard netiquet is "below", that is why the default is below.

    If you want the reply "above", even whith default below, set your cursor
    above or in the middle and type.

    vernon, Oct 19, 2005
  6. True, but in many cases email recipients who are unused to newsgroups
    get confused by bottom posted replies That's why its nice to be able to
    set this on an account by account basis, so mail accounts can be set at
    the top and news accounts at the bottom.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 19, 2005
  7. vernon schreef:
    Indeed it is a good custom to type below the text, but in e-mail
    otherwise might be appropriate.

    This used to be possible in the Mozilla Suite, I think it will be again
    in the future versions, but you could get it now by fiddling with one of
    the about:config settings.
    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    ==================
    www.lieverleven.be
    http://aouw.org

    Hendrik Maryns, Oct 19, 2005
  8. Leonidas Jones schreef:
    Ah, indeed I knew that this was possible. It is not in the general
    options, but in the account options. Go to Account Options, choose the
    account which you want to edit, -> Compose and addressing, and you'll
    find all possibilities there.

    H.

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    ==================
    www.lieverleven.be
    http://aouw.org

    Hendrik Maryns, Oct 19, 2005
  9. Yes, exactly as gwtc indicated.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 19, 2005
  10. Liora

    vernon Guest

    If someone sends an e-mail and you have a short answer, top posting is
    great, just place the cursor there and go.

    Sometimes one may even wish to delete the original or most of it.

    vernon, Oct 19, 2005
  11. Liora

    vernon Guest

    You can answer way at the top
    See below

    You can answer in the middle
    You can answer twice in the middle
    See below
    You can answer on the bottom

    vernon, Oct 19, 2005
  12. Liora

    Liora Guest

    I think the default in Outlook is above, so most are going to be
    expecting a reply above their text when it comes to email. Plus when
    reading email, it's nice to just see the reply without having to scroll
    -- especially when using a split screen to preview.

    Liora, Oct 19, 2005
  13. Liora

    vernon Guest

    Outlook has not quite the variances that TB has.

    It just pops the original message on the screen (IF one has defaults set
    to include the original in the response.

    Scrolling down is no big deal if one remembers to use the scroll bar on
    the side.

    A message long enough to be a nuisance to scroll should probably be
    snipped, with only a cogent beginning included in the response. Time,
    disk space and bandwidth are some other "netiquet" goodies.

    vernon, Oct 19, 2005
  14. Liora

    WSP Guest

    Liora
    gwtc might be rude (and I think he is too) but he gives very useful
    advice and is one of the most helpful people on this list. He is unpaid,
    under-thanked and extra willing. Sad to lose him as an ally.
    If I ever adopt a wee pussy-cat I'll name it gwtc (if I could pronounce it!)

    WSP, Oct 19, 2005
  15. Liora

    gwtc Guest

    Thank you. I didn't say I was leaving, I just said I won't help that
    person again
    gwtc isn't a name, they're initials.

    gwtc, Oct 19, 2005
  16. It is interesting to see what my spellchecker does with them though.
    Growth is most common, but there have been stranger ones.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 19, 2005
  17. Liora

    Liora Guest

    I'm not shedding any tears here. There are lots of great folks who are
    unpaid, under-thanked, extra willing and courteous. I'll happily stick
    with them -- and continue to give them my sincere thanks.

    Liora, Oct 20, 2005