    Tinklemagoo Guest

    Does Thunderbird have the ability to read Newsgroups?

    Would be convenient to have a combined mail and newsgroup in Thunderbird.

    Tinklemagoo, Sep 15, 2003

  2. Tinklemagoo

    Jacob Riis Guest

    yes it also has a newsreader. I don't think it is great for newsgroups. But
    check the programme for yourselves and see if you like it. The mail client
    part is pretty good.

    Jacob Riis, Sep 15, 2003

  3. Mail is better then News, but I find News good enough for my needs.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Sep 15, 2003
  4. Tinklemagoo

    Axl Guest

    Same here...One thing I did like about Outlook Express as a news reader
    was the ability to flag headers so I could keep track of the discussions
    I wanted, but I found marking headers as 'important' so it highlights
    them red works fairly well.

    Axl, Sep 16, 2003
  5. I actually find the red "important" highlight works better for me. Its
    all in what you're used to I guess. I haven't used OE as a newsreader
    in 16 months, and I don't miss it a bit.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Sep 16, 2003