    that forwarded emails are quoted? This is an Eudora feature which I am
    dearly missing in TB.

    Nicolas

    Nicolas Chevreux, Sep 8, 2004

  2. Nicolas Chevreux

    Moz Champion Guest

    Mozilla Thunderbird-->Preferences-->Composition

    Forward Messages <inline>

    Now when you forward a message, the entire message appears in the
    composition window, replete with headers.

    Moz Champion, Sep 9, 2004

  3. Hello,

    Yes, this is what I am using, but not what I want to do.

    An example:

    I get a message whose body is:
    Hello

    I would like it to appear as follow when forwarded:
    Any way to do this?

    Nicolas

    Nicolas Chevreux, Sep 9, 2004
  4. Nicolas Chevreux

    Mueen Nawaz Guest

    I guess everyone has his/her own preference, but to be honest, I simply
    abhor it when I get a forwarded email that inserts the quote characters.
    Is there any particular reason you desire it? After all, it is fairly
    clear what portion of the email is being forwarded.

    Reading an email that's been quoted is not easy (at least for some).
    Even worse, many mail readers will mess up the formatting...

    --
    When an agnostic dies, does he go to the "great perhaps"?

    /\ /\ /\ /
    / \/ \ u e e n / \/ a w a zanl

    Mueen Nawaz, Sep 16, 2004
  5. Nicolas Chevreux

    Kieran Guest

    Honestly, I hate when people use *any* sort of HTML or fonts, or
    graphics, in their emails. I think email (and USENET) should be
    exclusively plain text. I *love* the practice of inserting carrot
    characters ">" for quoted text. Then you can reply to specific portions
    of the email and it's clear who wrote what. I'm have a bit of trouble
    figuring out how to configure TB like this, too...
    I've never run into a mail client that has trouble with it....

    -KC

    Kieran, Sep 17, 2004