    this way, to keep my Earthlink account from exceeding its 10 MB limit?

    Thanks for any information or ideas.

    LM

    L Mehl, Sep 27, 2003

  2. L Mehl

    L Mehl Guest

    Sorry for the multiple posts. OE is acting funny.

    LM

    L Mehl, Sep 27, 2003

  3. L Mehl

    Juan Pérez Guest

    OE is not at fault, it's your IP.

    Juan Pérez, Sep 27, 2003
  4. L Mehl

    Nig Guest

    Thunderbird can be set to periodically get new messages so not an issue
    there.

    As for the black/white list, AFAICT, there isn't one as such Indeed the
    Blacklist function is marked as a future development. You just tick the
    box that enables adaptive junk mail filtering and that's really the only
    control you have. What happens to mail marked as junk is determined by
    the rule you have in place - either put it in a junk folder or delete
    it! I recommend the former first in case it deletes some legit mail.

    So far I have found it very affective, with only the odd spam getting to
    my inbox and they are dealt with by just marking as junk. As regards the
    Swen flood, TB recognised the MS update mails as junk straight off but I
    had to mark the bogus undeliverables as junk in order for it to junk
    them as well.

    So far, only had one legit email that it's marked as junk when it
    shouldn't have been, so all in all, I think it works well.

    Nig, Sep 27, 2003
  5. L Mehl

    L Mehl Guest

    Thanks Nig.