    delete all messages from that person and yet I'm still getting messages
    appearing from the people I apply this Delete filter to.

    Am I doing something wrong?

    Jamie_Manic, Jan 31, 2005

  2. Filters on news will not act retroactively. The old messages will still
    be there.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 31, 2005

  3. Jamie_Manic

    Jamie_Manic Guest

    Yes, but I'm talking about new messages. The messages are coming from
    the same email I have chosen to delete as well.

    Jamie_Manic, Jan 31, 2005

  4. Check their munged Email address, I had one troll change hers eight
    times in one session making the filters useless.

    Also I have noticed that creating a filter from the right click button
    doesn't seem to work, you need to use message\create filter from message.

    [email protected], Feb 1, 2005
  5. Jamie_Manic

    Jamie_Manic Guest

    Yeah, I've checked that and it isn't changing.
    I have been doing it by the right click method, will try the long way
    round, cheers!

    Jamie_Manic, Feb 1, 2005
  6. Jamie_Manic

    Scratch Guest

    As am I :(

    Scratch, Feb 7, 2005
  7. Jamie_Manic

    Scratch Guest

    Mine are coming from the NEWS GROUPS and won't save the filter. Didn't
    have this problem with Explorer :(

    Scratch, Feb 7, 2005
  8. Scratch escribió:
    I have the same problem!!!

    But there must be a way to block them!!!

    If you find a solution for it, would be really nice if you inf0rm me.

    Thanks in advance!

    J.Gonzalez

    J.Gonzalez Plaza, Feb 14, 2005
  9. Jamie_Manic

    Splibbilla Guest

    xnews has a plonk and score file method.

    afaik, xnews still dl's headers, but the posts don't show in the display once you restart xnews.

    Splibbilla, Feb 15, 2005
  10. I don't think you can delete them. If you don't want to see them -
    filter them as all ready read.
    That way you will not see them.
    If you find a better way - do share.

    John Cougar Concentration Camp, May 20, 2005