    keep ALL my newsgroups sorted out this way, by default? I will
    appreciate tips to make my reading enjoyable.
    ps

    ps, Apr 25, 2007

  2. ps

    Jen Guest

    I'm new to Thunderbird too and I have found all the settings you're
    looking for on the view menu. You have to set the view for each
    newsgroup individually as far as I can see, but once you've done it,
    that's it. I've just finished setting all mine, it took awhile!
    Jen

    Jen, Apr 25, 2007

  3. ps

    RON Guest

    Is thunderbird a free Newsgroup? I am looking for new newsgroup.

    RON, Apr 25, 2007
  4. Thunderbird is an email and news client.
    If you want a Thunderbird support newsgroup:
    http://ilias.ca/moznewsgroups-tb

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 25, 2007
  5. ps

    Whiskers Guest

    Thunderbird is one of many free news readers. See
    <http://www.newsreaders.com/> for more, and the newsgroup called
    news.software.readers.

    All newsgroups are 'free', although some are 'moderated' so they aren't
    'free as in speech' - just 'free as in beer'.

    You use a newsreader to read newsgroups.

    Newsgroups are carried by news-servers.

    Good ISPs usually include a news-server as part of the service, but there
    are public news-servers you can use from any internet connection. Some of
    them are free (as in beer), but those tend to be unreliable and scarce.
    See the newsgroup called alt.free.newsservers and try a web-search for
    news-servers.

    Newcomers to newsgroups should start here

    <http://computer.howstuffworks.com/newsgroup.htm>

    and here

    <http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/>, the Official Home Page of the
    newsgroup called news.newusers.questions.

    Whiskers, Apr 25, 2007