    Here is the URL for anyone interested:

    http://www.firetrust.com/

    Will

    wc, Jul 25, 2005

  2. wc

    Tom Guest

    A similar feature to this is native to Firebird. That is, it is already
    there. You have to "train it", at first, but then it is very good at
    putting spam etc., in the junk folder for you before it shows up in your
    in-box.

    Tom, Jul 25, 2005

  3. wc

    SteveG Guest

    The downside, as far as I'm concerned, of the TB junk mail feature is
    that it only decides what is junk after downloading the email. If there
    is a virus in one of these mails AVG still reports it even though it's
    going straight into the junk folder. I'm not complaining that AVG
    reports the virus - better that than not - but when using Mail Washer
    the emails are never even downloaded from the ISP's server. This saves
    time and eliminates the possibility of infection.

    I thoroughly recommend Mail Washer.

    SteveG, Jul 25, 2005
  4. I also used Mailwasher, and it works fine indeed. But so does the
    inbuilt spamfilter of Thunderbird, as I found out trying it in 1.0.4 on
    my new system. The latter saves a few actions, while the former is
    easier to scan visually for "leftovers", because it nicely marks goed
    mail in green and bad mail in red, while leaving the leftovers white.
    Hence I will return to Mailwasher, because the visual check of mail not
    marked green, combined with the marking of filternames, is much quicker
    than having to check all mail.

    --
    Vriendelijke groet,
    Jan van Aalderen, Amstelveen