Thunderbird - Links (NOT) Opening in Firefox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by yogi22, Jun 7, 2008.

  1. yogi22

    yogi22 Guest

    Late last year, I got help in modifying the behaviour of TB when I
    clicked on links in messages. (Transcript below). BTW, sometime after
    that conversation with the Purple Hippo, TB reverted to its original
    behaviour.

    Now I have the opposite problem. When I click on a link in TB, nothing
    happens!

    When I hover over the link, the cursor changes to a hand and the
    underlying address appears in the status bar. If I right-click on the
    link, I am presented with the usual options, including, "Copy Link
    Location", and it works. IOW, to investigate a link in TB, I have to
    right-click on it, select "Copy Link Location", switch to FF, click in
    the Address Bar, press "Ctrl+V", then "Enter". Quite a PITA! Any ideas
    out there?

    Win2K
    TB version 2.0.0.14 (20080421)
    kk

    The first one was already True (probably as a result of a selection in
    TabMixPlus)
    The second one was False
    I changed it to True
    It worked! (at least on the first few tests. if i have further issues,
    I'll let you know).

    Thank you, Peter.
    kk

    yogi22, Jun 7, 2008

  2. close FF, open IE, make that the default, close IE, then
    open FF, and now it should ask it you want to make that the
    default. Did this work?

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jun 7, 2008

  3. yogi22

    yogi22 Guest

    "Did this work?"

    Yes, it did! Thank you Peter! Why didn't I think of that? Any idea
    what might have caused that?
    kk

    yogi22, Jun 7, 2008
  4. what do you expect -- its windows!!!! Windows has a mind
    all its own. If you don't let *it* do what *it* wants, then
    strange things will happen. Could have happened during an
    update, or you installed something, or whatever.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jun 7, 2008