    Folders. The filters do not work automatically. I have to click on the
    Apoply Filters selection before the notes are distributed. What should I
    check to fix this?

    Dennis J. Tuchler, Apr 1, 2005

  2. Dennis J. Tuchler

    Moz Champion Guest

    filters only work automatically in inboxes when mail is received.
    Are the filters enabled in the list?

    Moz Champion, Apr 5, 2005

  3. Hmmmm. How do I find that out?

    djtuchler

    Dennis J. Tuchler, Apr 6, 2005
  4. Dennis J. Tuchler

    Moz Champion Guest

    Bring up the inbox in question
    Tools-->Message Filters

    the filters entered for the particuler inbox will show, and have an
    enabled checkmark

    Moz Champion, Apr 6, 2005
  5. All have that checkmark. The arrangement may be odd. I have two sources
    for e-mail Source1 and Source2. The only set of folders I have is Local
    Folders. The Tools/Filters menu has three designations for filters:
    Filterws For: {list window}. The list is Source1, Source2 and Local
    Folders. The only filter list is in the window opened when the entry in
    the list window is Local Folders. Over the window which holds the list of
    filters is a statement "Enabled filters are run automatically in the order
    shown below". Does that suggest anything?

    Thanks again for your help

    dj tuchler

    Dennis J. Tuchler, Apr 7, 2005
  6. Dennis J. Tuchler

    Moz Champion Guest

    ?? you have 3 email accounts you combine into one, but only 2 sources?

    Try putting the filters in all 3 locations, it may be redundant, but if
    it works what the hey. All this just to remove a little clutter from
    the desktop... check that, a little clutter from one pane on the
    desktop. Ah well, differin strokes for differin folks

    Moz Champion, Apr 7, 2005
  7. I get mail from two sources, but I want to funnel it to a single set of
    folders. I suspect that's the problem -- one that should not arise in a
    well-designed e-mail application.
    I am afraid you are right, which means I'm going back to Kmail. It works
    quite well with two sources of e-mail and a single set of folders to hold
    the messages.

    dj tuchler

    Dennis J. Tuchler, Apr 8, 2005
  8. Dennis J. Tuchler

    Steve Block Guest

    Just set the filters up for whichever account receives the mail. I work
    the exact same thing on my setup. You don't set them up under local
    folders, but rather under the account to which the email is addressed.
    I don't get what the local folders is for on the filters drop down menu,
    to be honest.

    Steve Block, Apr 10, 2005
  9. I set up the "local folders" in order to funnel e-mail from both accounts
    into a single set of folders. Now, all the mail comes to "Inbox" under
    "Local Folders". When I tag a message with a filter, that filter is
    recorded under "Local Folders" in the Filters section. I suppose I should
    have an Inbox for each of the two sources of e-mail and then distribute
    the mail to the various common folders.

    dj tuchler

    Dennis J. Tuchler, Apr 10, 2005
  10. Dennis J. Tuchler

    Steve Block Guest

    That's odd. When I create a filter from a message using the option on
    the message tab, it creates it under the account, not under local
    folders. I don't know why your system is doing it diffrent.

    Steve Block, Apr 11, 2005