    to look or can I place my address book (*.wab) in a folder so that
    Thunderbird will pick it up?

    Dave H.

    Dave H., Jul 4, 2006

  2. Dave H.

    gwtc Guest

    can you export the address book from OE? Export it as an ldif, then
    import that into TB.

    If you still can't do that, then try using Dawn:
    http://www.joshie.com/projects/dawn/

    gwtc, Jul 4, 2006
  4. You can transparently use OE's address book in TB (i.e. contacts created
    in TB appear in OE and vice versa). For instructions, see
    <http://ilias.ca/blog/2006/03/outlook-and-oe-address-book-support-in.html>
    After you've added the config settings (in TB1.5 you can use the Config
    Editor, menu Tools > Options > Advanced > General) it the OE address
    book appears as "OE Contacts" in the TB address book.

    Roland de Ruiter, Jul 4, 2006
  6. See also
    <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Using_Outlook_(Express)_contacts_with_Thunderbird_or_Mozilla_Mail>

    Roland de Ruiter, Jul 4, 2006
  7. See also
    <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Using_Outlook_(Express)_contacts_with_Thunderbird_or_Mozilla_Mail>

    Roland de Ruiter, Jul 4, 2006
  8. Dave H.

    Mcdoug

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Similar Problem Importing OE Addr Book into Eudora OSE on Windows 7

    Hello, I have read the posts about importing address books into Thunderbird. My problem is similar. I am running Windows 7 on a new laptop that does not have Outlook Express installed. I have a WAB file from the old machine running Outlook Express. The address book that I created the WAB file from is somewhat large (2000+ contacts) and has a number of folders and sub-folders to categorize the contacts which is why I am trying to avoid using the CSV import - I would lose all the folder structure.

    I have decided the only way to import the WAB is to install OE6 temporarily, import the WAB file into it, then use the import WAB in Eudora (hopefully it will find it then), and once the address book has been recreated correctly in Eudora, then uninstall OE6. Is this the best or only way to do this?

    One more problem... I already tried to install OE6 and I get an error message each time that says: A previous installation has pending work requiring a reboot. You need to restart your computer to complete that installation before running Internet Explorer Setup. However, no other installation is pending and a reboot did nothing to resolve this. Based on other reading I believe OE6 should run on Windows 7. Am I wrong about this.

    Thanks for any help you can provide to get my OE WAB file recreated in Eudora OSE.

    Mcdoug, Aug 13, 2010