Thunderbird 3.0 expanded columns aggravation

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Timo Salmi, Dec 18, 2009.

  1. Timo Salmi

    Timo Salmi Guest

    This is a rant. Thunderbird 3 has omitted expanded columns facility from
    the folders pane. Not Good. Not good, at all! Seeing the number of
    messages in each folder is essential information. At least I consider it
    such.

    Mind you, I am well aware of e.g. the Extra Folder Columns 0.3 add-on
    (not working for the current version) and tweaking off the version
    checking advice such as http://kb.mozillazine.org/Updating_add-ons
    This is unsatisfactory. What on earth was the grand idea behind dropping
    the option between 2 and 3?

    Usually I do not install new major version until about minor version
    around 0.0.3 or 0.0.4. But at office 3.0 was auto-installed while absent
    a couple of days. I am considering re-installing 2.0.0.23 for the time
    being. Anyone done the same?

    All the best, Timo

    Timo Salmi, Dec 18, 2009

  2. you're in good company then. From what I've seen, a
    lot of people have been complaining about TB 3. Its one
    of those situations where the developers don't listen
    to the users.

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Dec 18, 2009

  3. Timo Salmi

    Justin Guest

    Timo Salmi wrote on [Fri, 18 Dec 2009 21:09:45 +0200]:
    Par for the course I guess, consdering Folders with unread are maked
    bold black and new unread folders are maked with bold dark dark blue.
    They removed the starburst next to folders with new unread. This is
    under XP.

    Seems they don't actually use the software.

    Justin, Dec 18, 2009
  4. Timo Salmi

    Timo Salmi Guest

    I have now re-installed 2.0.0.23. A tip for anyone else doing the same.
    If you have updated any of the add-ons to TB 3, my may first have to
    uninstall those. Reinstall TB 2 only after that, and then the reinstall
    the old add-ons. In one installation I actually had first physically to
    delete the TB3 add-ons from the TB extensions folder before getting back
    on track with TB2.

    All the best, Timo

    Timo Salmi, Dec 19, 2009