    I can receive and send WEB MAIL !!! Everything worked fine until a few
    days ago. Newsgroups seem to be working both ways. Thanks in advance...!

    Ron....

    Ron, Aug 16, 2005

  2. Ron

    Old Gringo Guest

    In Thunderbird, delete the email account and re-enter it making sure
    all entries are correct.

    Old Gringo, Aug 16, 2005

  3. Ron

    Ron Guest

    I did what you said here...and still no luck...Grrrrrrr!!
    Something weird going on here.

    Ron, Aug 16, 2005
  4. Try it with another client. Since Outlook Express is available on every
    Windows installation, try that. If it still won't work, then there must
    be some problem with the server (you didn't mention what type of server
    you're using, POP, IMAP, Webmail).

    Nikos Chantziaras, Aug 16, 2005
  5. Ron

    Doug G Guest

    If you use an antivirus or firewall program, disable its incoming mail scan.

    If you receive an error message when trying to download mail, what does
    it say?

    What version of Windows are you using?

    Doug G, Aug 16, 2005
  6. Ron

    Ron Guest

    Doug....the zonealarm was the problem....see bottom of post

    OK ITS FIXED.....I SHUT OFF ZONEALARM'S INCOMING MAIL CHECK!!
    I AM USING WINDDOWS XP!!!

    DOUG....IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH ZONEALARM AND TB'S 1.0.6's .....incoming
    mail and if so should I contact ZA?

    Ron, Aug 17, 2005
  7. Ron

    Doug Goding Guest

    I use Win XP Home SP2, ZoneAlarm 5.5.094.000 (the free version) and
    Norton Antivirus 2003. Win XP's firewall is turned off.

    ZA's Antivirus Monitor is on, but all it does is tell me when NAV is
    turned off or the virus definitions are out-of-date. NAV is set to scan
    incoming and outgoing mail. Both work fine for me with TB 1.0.6.

    Doug Goding, Aug 18, 2005
  8. Ron

    Ed Mullen Guest

    The latest version of the free Zone Alarm is:

    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/1004_zl/zlsSetup_60_631_003.exe

    Your version 5.x is way out of date. Most problems I've seen
    attributable to ZA are with people using out-of-date versions. Your
    choice whether to upgrade or not.

    Ed Mullen, Aug 18, 2005
  9. Ron

    Doug G Guest

    Thanks for the tip. Version 5.x kept telling me it was up-to-date.

    Doug G, Aug 18, 2005