Thunderbird 1.0.2: Unable to create subfolders

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Z, Apr 4, 2005.

  1. Z

    Z Guest

    [ My o/s is Windows XP Pro, SP2 ]

    With TB 1.0, I was able to create subfolders.

    Since updating Thunderbird to 1.0.2, I've noticed that I can no longer
    make subfolders. I suspect this is related to the update, but am not
    certain.

    For example: Right clicking on Inbox brings up a "New Folder" dialog box
    but as soon as I type anything in the "Name:" field, the OK button goes
    gray. Also, there are no items available in the "Create as a subfolder
    of:" pulldown box.

    I see the same behavior if I use File > New > New Folder.

    I run TB from a limited acct. To make sure that wasn't the problem, I
    enabled privs on my acct, logged out and back in and tried again and got
    the same behavior.

    How can I fix this?

    Z, Apr 4, 2005

  2. Z

    Z Guest

    Nothing? Not a single idea?

    Z, Apr 7, 2005

  3. Z

    Doug G Guest

    If you can create subfolders while running Thunderbird (Safe Mode), an
    extension you installed may be the cause of the problem.

    Doug G, Apr 7, 2005
  4. Z

    Z Guest

    Ha! I was able to create subfolders in Safe Mode ... but I have NO
    EXTENSIONS installed!

    In fact, I got an entirely different dialog box in Safe Mode.

    And now, after shutting down Safe Mode TB and restating TB in regular
    mode, I can still create subfolders.

    Very odd. What the heck just happened?!

    Z, Apr 7, 2005
  5. Z

    Doug G Guest

    I don't know what happened. I get the same "New Folder" box in either mode.

    Are you using the default theme?

    Doug G, Apr 7, 2005
  6. Z

    Z Guest

    Yeah, default everything. The only thing unusual (maybe) is that my
    profile came from TB 1.0. To update from 1.0 to 1.0.2, I uninstalled
    removed TB 1.0, installed TB 1.0.2 and all seemed fine. ... Until I
    tried to create a subfolder a week ago and noticed that was broken.

    When I was having the problem creating subfolders, my "New Folder"
    dialog box said something like "this server supports 2 kinds of folders"
    and then asked me which kind I wanted - one that held folders or one
    that held messages.

    No matter which type of folder I chose, as soon as I entered anything in
    the field for the name of the new folder, the Ok button grayed out.

    That was odd, since my server was (and still is) a POP server, so I
    should have been creating folders in my client.

    Z, Apr 8, 2005