    I also tried reinstalling windows xp pro x64 but I still have the same
    problem.
    Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

    Guest, Feb 13, 2006

  2. Guest

    Vanguard Guest

    Did you install the codecs needed to read your video files? For example, it
    could be you don't have Divx installed and some of your video used Divx to
    encode and compress the video content. A thumbnail cannot be presented
    unless the content of the video can be interrogated, and that means a codec
    must be present that matches the one used when encoding the video file.

    Vanguard, Feb 13, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have divc codec installed. I don't think avi or mwv have any codec that
    media center would not have installed.
    As far as I can tell I have all the codec that I did on my old Windows XP pc.
    but if you can think of a codec that I might have had on windows xp that is
    not in windows xp prox64 let me know.

    Guest, Feb 13, 2006
  4. Guest

    Vanguard Guest

    When you double-click the file or load it in Windows Media Player (or
    whatever player you use), does it play okay?

    MWF filetype is for ProMotion Animation (see filext.com for filetypes).
    Never heard of it. A Google search
    (http://www.google.com/search?q=+"promotion+animation"++codec) shows
    some possibilities but I didn't bother to dig through the matches.

    Vanguard, Feb 15, 2006
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    When I double click on it it dose play on Media Center. One thing has changed
    though I put in Media Center for x64 and now my wmv file thumbnails show. But
    I still have a problem with the dvix avi files. I think I may need to find a
    x64 divx driver to fix the problem. I have the codec but think if it isn't in
    Media Center for x64 it won't show the thumbnail. Not sure but it seem odd.

    Guest, Feb 15, 2006