    I had a similar problem and someone suggested this prog. It's free and very easy
    to use (you can do a file at a time or a group of files)
    http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/

    Paul Heslop, Oct 28, 2003

  2. Paul Heslop

    andrew Guest

    usually the problem when you resize is the sharpness. try applying a
    sharpen filter to the thumbnail after you make it.. but don't over-sharpen.
    that should do the trick.

    andrew, Oct 28, 2003

  3. Paul Heslop

    TJ Guest

    Hi All,

    When I visit Amazon.com they have such perfect thumbnail images of their
    products. I have a SONY Mavica camera. Whenever I take pictures of products
    I want to add to my website, these images look nothing like the Amazon.com
    pictures. Namely the crispness and definition is not there. Does anyone know
    how they are getting such high quality images. I have used a lot of light to
    very little, flash and no flash and the pictures of my products never look
    anywhere near Amazon.com's quality. How are they taking such perfect
    pictures?

    Thanks in advance,

    TJ, Oct 28, 2003
  4. Paul Heslop

    Ray Guest

    I use IrfanView to gen. thumbnails, it has a "high quality" resize function,
    makes all the diff. Also I notice the larger the original pic, the better
    the thumbnail (thumbnails from VGA-size pictures were not that great).

    Ray

    Ray, Oct 28, 2003
  5. Paul Heslop

    Steve Guest

    TJ:

    Just to second Easy Thumbnails from http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/index.php
    which I have been using for about 2 years. It is a superior product to
    IrfanView http://www.irfanview.com/ for making thumbnails. I have been
    using IrfanView for over 3 years at home and at work and while it is an
    execellent tool for viewing graphics files and converting graphics file
    between different formats, there are BETTER thumbnail tools out there.

    Good luck,

    Steve

    Steve, Oct 28, 2003
  6. Paul Heslop

    Alan Browne Guest

    Decent thumbnails require a quick sharpen pass after the re-size. As
    for any image ... sharpen is usually the last step.

    Alan Browne, Oct 28, 2003