Throw away DVD's putting greed in front of common sense?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Aster, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. Aster

    Aster Guest

    How safe is a DVD that has an ongoing volatile chemical reaction going
    to be in the confines of your home and in the hands of little
    children?

    Have they passed this by the FDA as a courtesy, or the EPA?

    And of course, how long would it take for companies to start marketing
    clear "protective" DVD sleeves that would make the disks stop
    disintegrating by sealing it from the oxygen environment?

    There is a huge market for such protective disks that could be applied
    to CD's, which are easily scratched as paint is on a window pane.

    Of course I am sure that they are looking at rental companies closely
    for ensuring that their free ride is over?

    There is so much content out there, I think people will be more
    disgusted with the obvious reach for greed, over the environmental and
    safety issues.

    If I was Disney, I would think twice about investing in such a
    "novelty" idea, that is not even fool proof.

    Aster, Sep 2, 2003